SomethingJewish T's & C's
by: admin - Last updated: 2012-06-01
SomethingJewish is operated and owned by JMT Ventures Limited (registered company number 4631537), ('JMT').
By using SomethingJewish you agree to be bound by these Terms.
If you do not accept these Terms you should not use SomethingJewish.
JMT may make alterations to these terms and conditions from time to time and these variations shall become effective immediately upon being accessible from www.somethingjewish.co.uk/terms_and_conditions.html
By using SomethingJewish you undertake that you have the necessary hardware, software and capability required for email and web usage.
Third party websites with links from SomethingJewish have not been verified or reviewed by JMT and use and access of such third party websites is made at your own risk.
Any username and password issued to you are personal to you in order to facilitate your access to SomethingJewish and shall not be disclosed to any third party without JMT 's prior written consent.
All email communications sent by JMT and attachments thereto are intended only for the addressee and/or others authorised to receive them.
Intellectual Property Rights, Copyright and Trade Marks
You MAY download and use SomethingJewish for your private, non-commercial, personal use only, provided that you retain all copyright notices and other proprietary notices contained on SomethingJewish. You may not sub-licence or deal in this right without JMT 's prior written permission.
All copyright, design rights, database right, patents, and any rights to inventions, know-how, trade and business names, trade secrets and trade marks (whether registered or unregistered) and any applications therefore ('Intellectual Property Rights') in SomethingJewish belong to and vest in JMT, or are licensed to JMT unless otherwise specified. All such rights of JMT are hereby asserted and reserved.
No person other than the rightful owner or licensee of such Intellectual Property Rights may:
- hack, attempt to hack, distribute, modify, transmit, re-use, re-post, or use any or all of SomethingJewish or the information contained therein for any purpose other than as set out above nor for public or commercial purposes without JMT or the relevant licensee?s prior written permission;
- provide hypertext links, URL Links, graphic links, hyperlinks or other direct connection for profit or gain to SomeThing.co.uk without JMT ?s prior written permission;
- display, publish, copy, print, post or otherwise use SomethingJewish and the information contained therein for the benefit of any other website without JMT or the relevant licensee?s prior written permission;
- process or otherwise use the information contained on or within SomethingJewish for any illegal or immoral purpose nor use or process the same unfairly.
From time to time JMT may ask for and/or you may choose to submit personal data to SomethingJewish or JMT (including your email address and contact details) for purposes of identification and marketing, You agree acknowledge and undertake that all information that you provide is accurate and current and that it may include sensitive personal data such as information relating to race or religion. You expressly agree and accept that this data may be used, stored and processed to improve the operation, administration and development of SomethingJewish and JMT to process orders and improve JMT's service, as well as for marketing, advertising and promotional purposes but only in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998. In particular, you agree that:
JMT may use the information or parts of it to notify you about features and/or events or related activities that you may find useful; From time to time JMT may share this data with other reputable companies both within and outside the European Union who, together with JMT or not, may use the information or parts of it to occasionally broadcast it or notify you about JMT events or related activities that you may find useful. If you do not want JMT to collect or process your personal data, please do not submit it and if you have or you believe that we have data about you that is incorrect please write to JMT at the address below and the information will be corrected as soon as possible or removed from our database as you request.
JMT is engaged in the business of providing an information service and ancillary to this is engaged in the transmission, storage, retrieval, hosting, formatting or translation of third party communications without selection or alteration of the content of the communication for which it is a mere conduit. You agree and accept that JMT has no responsibility to review the content of the Communications on SomethingJewish all of which are made available on the basis that JMT shall not be required to exercise any control or judgement of the content or the material posted or contained therein.
The views expressed in any Communications are the views of the individual authors and not those of JMT unless specified otherwise by JMT. In particular but without limitation to the above JMT is not responsible for and disclaims all liability in respect of any comments, views or remarks expressed in any Communications.
JMT gives no warranty and makes no representation as to the accuracy, currency or validity of the information and material contained within the Communications or SomethingJewish and shall not be responsible for any loss or damage caused as a result of any use of such material.
You agree and undertake that you will not post to or transmit to SomethingJewish or through any communication services (including e-mail a friend) that SomethingJewish offers: any statement, material or Communication that:
- is unlawful or which gives rise to civil or criminal liability;
- infringes upon the intellectual property rights of any third party.
- is technically harmful such as computer viruses, worms, logic bombs or other malicious software or harmful data;
- is defamatory, libellous, untrue, discriminatory, obscene, inflammatory or racist material whatsoever.
You further agree that in any activity undertaken following use of and related to your use of SomethingJewish you will not in any way conduct yourself in a manner which is unlawful or which gives rise to civil or criminal liability or which is defamatory, libellous, untrue, discriminatory, obscene, inflammatory or racist.
You agree to indemnify and hold harmless JMT against all liability it may have in respect of and arising out of your use of the JMT Services and your Communications.
JMT provides and maintains SomethingJewish for private and personal information and entertainment, on an ?as is? basis JMT shall be liable only to provide its services with reasonable skill and care and gives no other warranty in connection with SomethingJewish.
Subject as aforesaid, to the maximum extent permitted by law, JMT excludes liability for any loss or damage of any kind howsoever arising, including without limitation any direct, indirect, punitive or consequential loss whether or not such arises out of any problem you notify to JMT and JMT shall have no liability to pay any money by way of compensation, including without limitation all liability in relation to:
- any incorrect or inaccurate information on Jewish.co.uk and all interruptions to or delays in updating the service;
- the infringement by any person of any Intellectual Property Rights of any third party caused by their use of SomethingJewish;
- any amount or kind of loss or damage due to viruses or other malicious software that may infect a user's computer equipment, software, data or other property caused by persons accessing, using or downloading SomethingJewish, or from transmissions via emails or attachments received from JMT or its licensees;
- the availability, quality, content or nature of the other sites on the internet that are owned and operated by third parties ("External Sites") to which SomethingJewish link and web site located on or through any External Site nor for any transactions involving External Sites (including as to 'cookies', personal data, confidential information, or purchases of domain names or other services). You should contact the site administrator or webmaster for those External Sites if you have any concerns regarding such links, web site or transactions;
- all representations, warranties, conditions and other terms which but for this notice would have effect.
These terms above shall not limit any rights you might have as a consumer that may not be excluded under applicable law nor shall it exclude or limit 'JMT's liability for death or personal injury resulting from its negligence nor any fraudulent representation.
SomethingJewish is to be used solely for private, non-commercial, personal purposes only. Accordingly, you undertake not to:
- use SomethingJewish for any commercial or business purpose;
- use your access to SomethingJewish, or information gathered from it, for the sending of unsolicited bulk email.
JMT shall be entitled to terminate this Agreement and immediately remove, cancel or suspend access to and use of SomethingJewish upon your breach of any part of these Terms whatsoever.
Termination shall be without prejudice to the accrued rights of either party.
JMT will not be liable in any amount for failure to perform any obligation under this agreement if such failure is caused by the occurrence of any unforeseen contingency beyond the reasonable control of such party including without limitation Internet outages, communications outages, fire, flood, war or act of God.
General Except as provided above there are no other warranties, conditions or other terms, express or implied, statutory or otherwise, and all such terms are hereby excluded to the maximum extent permitted by law (but subject to your statutory and common law consumer rights).
All questions, comments or enquiries should be directed by email to suppor email@example.com or by post to JMT Ventures Limited, Delavale House, P.O. Box 585, Edgware, Middlesex HA8 8JS, UK.
JMT acts as principal on its own account and not as agent for you or any other person.
If JMT does not enforce any provision of this agreement such will not be considered a waiver of any provision or right.
In the event that any part of these terms and conditions is held to be unenforceable, such part will at JMT's option be construed as far as possible to reflect the parties? intentions and the remainder of the provisions will remain in full force and effect.
These terms and conditions constitute the entire agreement between you and JMT and shall apply to the exclusion of all other terms or conditions of contract which you may purport to propose.
Use of JMT and these terms are subject to the laws of England which shall exclusively govern the interpretation, application and effect of all the above permissions, exclusions, licences and conditions of use and shall be construed in accordance with the laws of England and the parties submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts.
It is hereby asserted that SomethingJewish is intended for and directed at the UK and no representation or warranty is made as to whether SomethingJewish complies with the regulatory regime and local laws of any other countries.
You use SomethingJewish at entirely your own risk. It is a known risk of internet usage that people are not necessarily who they say they are. JMT have no way of telling if statements made by other visitors are true. This is a decision that can only be made at your discretion. Users of SomethingJewish messageboards must be 16 years old and above age or are accessing the site under adult supervision when using any messageboards areas of the site.
Version 1.1 August 20 2003